Remodeling, downsizing or just getting organized? Donate your household goods and building materials to the Habitat for Humanity St. Tammany West ReStore. We’ll gladly take new and gently-used items off your hands and use the proceeds to construct homes with local families. As always, your donations are tax-deductible and you get the satisfaction that your items won't end up in a landfill.
For businesses, donating to the Habitat ReStore is a great way to move discontinued or excess stock, deal with gently used returns and show your customers that you care about the community. Plus, we’ll pick up your donated goods, which will save you time and money.
Have a large donation?
Call (985) 898-0642 to set up an appointment at your convenience.
Interested in setting up a partnership with the ReStore?
We'll gladly accept your discounted or excess merchandise. Please call Joey Maddox at (985) 373-2636 to set up a meeting and discuss what the ReStore can do for you!
If you're interested in making a monetary donation to Habitat for Humanity St. Tammany West, you can do that here.
Donation items accepted
No older than 10 years
Donation items not accepted
- Cribs, strollers & carseats
- Upholstered items with rips, stains, tears, and/or pet odors
- Anything that doesn't work/needs a replacement part
- Hazardous materials/chemicals
- Unframed mirrors or glass
- Appliances & faucets more than 10 years old
- Dishwashers made before January 2014- no longer accepted due to national plumbing regulations.
- Microwaves over 5 years old
- Storm windows/single pane windows
- Computers/fax machines/copy machines
- Shower doors
- Garage doors
- Oil based paint or partially opened paint cans
- Faux marble vanity tops
- Encyclopedias or text books
- Guns or weapons
- Used lightbulbs
- Medical beds
- Sporting goods/exercise equipment
- Personal medical supplies
Why don't we accept some items? Though we greatly appreciate everyone who wants to donate to the Habitat ReStore, we are unable to accept all items. Sometimes, the reason is related to safety concerns and other times it is for legal reasons. Also, we have found that we just can’t sell certain items, leading us to dispose of the things we cannot recycle, repair or clean. This takes valuable time and money away from supporting the Habitat mission. Below is a list of referral organizations.
Referrals for non-accepted items
P & W Industries
Stranco Solid Waste Management
Best Buy - Donate Electronics Only
Goodwill - Hwy 22 Store
Goodwill - Hwy 190 Store
Northshore Food Bank Thrift Store - Covington
The Samaritan Center - Mandeville
Baton Rouge Habitat for Humanity ReStore
New Orleans Area Habitat for Humanity ReStore